Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tom Brady: The Anti-Christ OR Bellicheat

If you are anything like me, you despise the patriots. If the anti-christ were to come to earth, I am sure he would look like this:

I admit to bias. Tom Brady beat my St.Louis Rams on the night Ricky Proehl accurately predicted "Tonight, a dynasty is born". To bad good ole Ricky got the team wrong.

So with this hatred of the Patriots in mind you need to read this article.

It's old for sure, but there is nothing like stirring that pot of hatred of the Patriots from time to time.

The link is basically a statistical break down of the patriots seasons and how they consistently performed higher than would have been predicted by their efficiency stats. Higher even than other teams that out performed their expected production. It's really an interesting read and It is very apparent from the blog "Advanced NFL Stats" that Brian Burke does his homework.

1 comment:

Fish said...

Wow, 3 standard deviations is huge. I wouldnt say I'm a statistical buff, but I know enough to agree that is evidence something doesnt add up. I think Brady is the Texas Tech QB of the NFL: really good at running a system that emphasizes his strengths, but maybe wouldn't succeed in another system.