Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Reality

It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you without a dope beat to step to, step to, step-step to... ANYWAY


Been a pretty busy week in my world. My wedding creeps ever closer and planning is being stepped up a notch. I also started school yesterday and just in general have had much to do. Things are definitely getting REAL.

Reality TV

At this point it is pretty ballsy to even call it that. What is real about gathering 25 attractive people, putting them in a house together, and telling them they need to all compete for the affection of some other attractive person.
I have been on a few dates in my time, even a few arranged by other people. Not one of them featured 25 people competing for my attention.

You want to know what happens in real life? In real life people are crazy. Not spit in your mouth or call you a bitch on national tv crazy. We are talking murder you and mutilate your body to the point they have to use the serial numbers on your breast implants to ID you kind of crazy. Those people are out there in the world. In fact they blend in so well that they could be put on a reality tv show.

So what do you know? Crazy serial killer makes it on to dating show then gets caught and kills himself in shame. NOW THAT IS SOME REAL SHIT! People want reality tv, how bout that for a plot line. You cannot make that up. Yet when "reality" happens they cancel the show? How bout they show the reality that even in an artificial environment of suitors picked specifically to meet your criteria, there is a crazy fuck in the midst.

I realize the reason they do not continue with the shows is out of respect for the victim. I understand that. I just ask that the label these shows what they are, game shows. They didn't call "the dating game" reality, because people knew it wasn't.

In reality there are crazy sumbitches, and when they go do some crazy shit, No one has the power to cancel the show.




World of Warcraft

After a bit of a hiatus I am back in the world of Azeroth pushing hard to get my priest to the level cap. My DK sits idle with gear upgrades in bag, unenchanted and ungemmed, awaiting some sign of interest from me. The nerfs to deathknight tanking really took a lot of the fun out of playing him. We were overpowered for sure, I just wish they could have balanced us without killing the playstyle I so greatly enjoyed.


Ganja

I leave you with a link that you may have already read from my blogroll. This one in particular really makes you think. I don't care what your view on marijuana smoking is but couldn't we set any objections aside in order to cure cancer?

some highlights and sources:
Cannabinoids are chemicals found in marijuana. They were found to not only reduce the size of tumors, but also can prevent you from getting them in the first place.

Cannabinoids inhibit tumor growth in laboratory animals. They do so by modulating key cell-signaling pathways, thereby inducing direct growth arrest and death of tumor cells, as well as by inhibiting tumor angiogenesis and metastasis. Cannabinoids are selective anti-tumor compounds, as they can kill tumor cells without affecting their non-transformed counterparts.
- Source

Have you heard that smoking it could give you lung cancer? Not true, as we see from above the opposite is true.

The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer. … “We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use,” he said. “What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect.”
- Source

1 comment:

Fish said...

Personally with me its an athsma issue, not a cancer issue or a legal or moral issue. I say if you want to partake of the hippy lettuce, go right ahead. . .